Difference between revisions of "Publications"
m (4 revisions imported: Migrated to new host)
Revision as of 07:42, 4 September 2016
- CGI Developer's Guide
- Sams.net 1996. ISBN 1-57521-087-8.
I've written a variety of articles for a number of different publications, including Dr. Dobb's Journal and Scientific American. You may view a list of selected articles.
- "Interoperability Between Collaborative Knowledge Applications." (HTML) (PDF)
- Extreme Markup Languages 2002. Montreal, Quebec. August 6-9, 2002.
- "Rearchitecting a Software Platform: A Beginner's Case Study." (HTML) (PDF)
- Facilitating Hypertext-Augmented Collaborative Modeling Workshop, ACM Hypertext 2002. College Park, Maryland. June 11-12, 2002.
- James Clark
- "A Triumph of Simplicity: James Clark on Markup Languages and XML." Dr. Dobb's Journal. July 2001.
- Doug Engelbart
- "A Conversation with Doug Engelbart." Dr. Dobb's Journal. September 2000.
- Bill Joy
- "The Joy of UNIX." Linux Magazine. November 1999.
- Larry Wall
- "Redesigning Perl 6: Fear is the Mind Killer." Open Source Developers Journal. Winter 2000.
- "A Conversation with Larry Wall." Dr. Dobb's Journal. February 1998.
I wrote the Bookmarks column for Web Techniques from March 2000 to February 2002. I also contribute the occasional book review to Dr. Dobb's Journal's Programmer's Bookshelf. You may view a complete list of these book reviews.
Other places I've been published include:
- Encyclopedia of Computers and Computer History (Fitzroy Dearborn 2001)
- Contributed sections on Augusta Ada Lovelace, C/C++, Java, Object-Oriented Programming, and Shareware.
- Technology Forecast: 2001-2003, Technology Forecast: 2002-2004, Volume 1 (PricewaterhouseCoopers 2001, 2002)
- Contributed sections on Web Server Technologies and Open Source Software.
- "Special Report on Open Source Software"
- An analyst report published by Evans Data Corporation in December 1999.