Multi-Region DVD Player
DVD region codes are one of life's great travesties. Fortunately, some clever do-gooders have helped regular schmoes like me get around these silly codes.
Confirm that your firmware is 00E410 by doing the following:
- Turn on your player with no disc inserted and wait until noDISC is displayed.
- Press and hold PAUSE + OPEN/CLOSE on the player
- Now press 7 on the remote
- Release all buttons
- The players display shows your system controller and version briefly.
- The first 2 (or 3) numbers displays the system controller generation
- The letter is the system controller model
- The last 3 digits is the currently installed firmware version
To set the player region-free once the new firmware is installed, do the following:
- Be sure players drive is empty (nodISC)
- Enter following key sequence using remote control: Enter, 6, >=10, <<, 0, Audio, 8, 1, Subtitle, 4
- Player will reset and set to "region-free" and "RCE-free" mode
Many thanks to the great Video Help site for pointers to this firmware and these instructions.