- 7 Professional Photo Sharing Sites
- 8 Great Photo Sharing Sites
- Pros and Cons of Using 500px to Build Your Photography Website
- How to clean up photos of whiteboards with Gimp
- How to extract the drawing from a whiteboard in the GIMP
- Command line method for digitizing photos of whiteboards
Ricoh Innovations Whiteboard Clean looks like a great service. Have not experimented with skew control yet. No batching.
One of the challenges with this and other scripts is that it focuses on outlines, which means that filled images sometimes get processed out. May want to find a script that does background whitening for these images.
Snapclean.me is a similar, email-based service using a Gimp script on the backend.
I've used Fred's command-line Imagemagick script with the following parameters:
-e both -t 30 -s 1
Experiment with -t between 20 and 40 for best results. It has limitations, the biggest of which is that you need to have a deeper understanding of the algorithm in order to manipulate the parameters.
- PhotoNote (Windows; $50)
- PolyVision Whiteboard Photo
Perfect Resize seems to be the most widely used tool. Other resources: